Expatria Human Resources with offices in Paris and Stockholm, focuses on recruitments for international groups in French speaking countries, in German speaking countries and in the Nordic countries.
SSAB (14.000 employees, 65 bn SEK) is a Nordic and US-based steel company that offers value added products and services developed in close cooperation with its customers to create a stronger, lighter and more sustainable world. The company is a leading producer on the global market for Advanced High-Strength Steels (AHSS) and Quenched and Tempered Steels (Q&T), strip, plate and tubular products, as well as construction solutions.
SSAB has three divisions: SSAB Special Steels, SSAB Europe and SSAB Americas as well as two subsidiaries, Tibnor and Ruuki Construction. Production facilities are located in Sweden, Finland and the US. SSAB is listed on the Nasdaq PMX Nordic Exchange in Stockholm (Sweden) and has a secondary listing on the Nasdaq MX in Helsinki (Finland).
For our client SSAB Special Steels (3.200 employees, 16,14 bn SEK, 1,1 million tonnes), we are now recruiting a
Regional Sales Manager
North West Africa
Reporting to the Area Sales Manager (ASM) based in South Africa, the Regional Sales Manager (RSM) will develop sales and growth plans towards existing and new customers in Nigeria and some 9 surrounding countries. As a member of an international team, your main responsibilities are:
- Promote and develop sales of the SSAB Special Steels products through technical support.
- Support customer upgrading to Special Steels and with special focus on the strategic products and call for relevant resources to convert these opportunities into business.
- Identify potential business in the area, both via direct customer contact and via partnership with third party companies, according to the defined strategy.
- Develop and implement the ASM area strategy together with the ASM.
- Secure yearly sales and marketing targets with existing and potential customers.
- Plan and document all relevant customer activities in the CRM system.
- Do the job safely at all times, share relevant risk observations with the organisation and help colleagues to act safely.
- Position based in Nigeria, with extensive travel in the designated area (approx. 50%).
- At least 3 years working experience from a similar sales position in Nigeria with international Western European companies, preferably OEM’s and experience of value creation sales. Experience from sales in Ghana and Cameroun is a strong advantage.
- Experience from machine manufacturers (heavy transport, construction machinery, material handling, agricultural/forest machines) and/or from the mining industry is an advantage.
- Strong business orientation, drive and tenacity.
- Excellent communication skills, good at building and maintaining relations.
- Technical background with a large interest in technical products.
- Secondary education, preferably technical and/or sales
- Excellent presentation, communication and negotiation skills in English. Good level of local language.
- Autonomous and hands-on wanting to take responsibility.
- Team player and coordinator.
- Excellent organizational and time management skills.
- Sociable, extrovert, independent and focused with a high drive to succeed.
- Living in Nigeria or willing to move there.
This recruitment is handled by Expatria Human Resources. Please submit your application and CV (in English) here. Reference 21107RSMNEXP.
As the position requires extensive travel in nine different countries, you also need to provide us with valid copies of the following documents: passport, drivers licence, local Nigerian identification card, vaccine certificates up to date for covid, yellow fever and cholera.