Expatria Human Resources with offices in Stockholm and Paris, focuses on recruitments for international groups mainly in the Nordics and in French and German speaking countries.
Valmet Corporation (valmet.com) is a leading global developer and supplier of process technologies, automation and services for the pulp, paper and energy industries. The company has over 220 years of industrial history and a strong track record in continuous improvement and renewal. In 2021, the annual sales were approximately EUR 4.5 billion with some 17,000 employees. Valmet’s shares are listed on the Nasdaq Helsinki and the head office is based in Espoo, Finland.
Valmet is organized around five business lines and five geographical areas. The business lines are Services, Pulp & Energy, Paper, Automation Systems and Flow Control. The areas are North America, South America, EMEA, Asia Pacific and China.
The Pulp & Energy Business Line supplies complete pulp mills and process equipment for chemical and mechanical pulp production, as well as biomass- and waste-fueled power plants, boiler islands and related environmental systems. Its customers are mainly pulp producers and power and heat producers. The most important markets are Europe, South America and Asia. In 2021, the Pulp & Energy Business Line had some 2000 employees and sales of approximately EUR 1 billion.
In order to strengthen their presence in Europe and internationally, we now assist our client in recruiting an
International Service & Maintenance Engineer – Boilers
France – Spain – Portugal (Turkey – Republic of South Africa)
Your main responsibility is to manage service & maintenance projects (planification and construction) on boilers in power plants at existing client sites in the related countries. You will be part of an international team and report the Manager Energy, Recovery and Environmental Services SEMEA, based in Bordeaux. Other responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Plan and coordinate site operations for each service & maintenance project.
- Manage and supervise site works and subcontractors.
- Provide technical support to project drawings, designs, construction plans and cost calculations.
- Prepare quotation documents and technical specifications for the sales team.
- Prepare site HSE and security, site quality inspections and authority inspections.
- Prepare and present site reports and project reviews.
- Document construction processes and keep detailed logs.
- Frequent travel, mainly in the above-mentioned countries (~50-70% of the time).
- Position ideally located in France/Spain/Portugal, near transportation facilities for international travel.
To succeed in this role you will need:
- Minimum 8-10 years’ experience from a similar position in power plant engineering and site operations (i.e. managing service & maintenance projects for boilers in power plants).
- Experience from preparing site construction plans, schedules, cost estimations and technical specifications.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent in mechanical / process / thermal engineering. Work experience more important.
- Experience from working in a matrix, multi-cultural and international environment.
- You are service minded with passion for serving customers and for collaborating with your colleagues.
- In addition, you are energetic, autonomous, rigorous, organized with strong results focus.
- Fluent English. Other languages such as French, Portugese and Spanish are a plus.
Our client offers an interesting and varied position with a high level of responsibility as well as opportunities for personal development. You will join a passionate and implicated team in a profitable and steadily growing company in which you will be able to flourish!
This recruitment is managed by Expatria. Please submit your application and CV here. Reference 22121ICEEXP.